Lehrstuhl für Digital Humanities
mit Schwerpunkt Maschinelles Lernen und Sprachtechnologie
Fakultät für Mathematik und Informatik
Friedrich Schiller Universität Jena
Phone: +49 3641 9 46470
Email: sina dot zarriess at uni-jena dot de
I am a tenure-track professor for language technology, machine learning and digital humanities. In more simple terms: I am a computational linguist. The general goal of my research is to build computational models of language use in text and dialogue, with applications in natural language generation, dialogue systems, language & vision.
- September 2020 I am teaching the intro of the Machine Learning Summer School at the MSCJ Jena, material
- July 2020 Have a look at Simeon’s ACL paper on colour terms: paper, code
- 15/01/2020 Very interesting upcoming symposium (that I am organizing with people at UPF, Barcelona), GeCKO, will take place in Barcelona, in May
- 01/12/2019 New project: RECOLAGE - Real-time Vision-grounded Collaborative Language Generation, with David Schlangen, Uni Potsdam
- 01/11/2019 Simeon Schüz is the first PhD student who joined my group in Jena :-)
Before becoming a real (junior) professor in 2019, I worked as a temporary professor for theoretical and applied computational linguistics in Bielefeld. I did a PostDoc at CITEC, Bielefeld, a PhD at IMS, Stuttgart and got my Magister (Master) degree in Computational Linguistics from the Linguistics Department, Potsdam.